What We Do
Love A Pit Bull Day ~ 2014!
Covenant Creatures sponsors this event about a special breed of dog. They were known during
World War II as the "Nanny Dog" because they were the care takers of children and families across the
country while men were at war. The media has portrayed them as violent and dangerous. And a misinformed public
is seeing the breed through a bias point of view. This event is to celebrate, educate and help people understand
Save the Date: Saturday, Oct. 11th, 2014 Location: Marathan Park Olympia Washington.
Want to get involved?
If you'd like to participate in organizing this event, leave a message on the Covenant Creatures phone line 360-357-6301.
Also, if you'd like a poster to put up in a public place, just let us know!
What's happening at the event?
There will be games, food, fun and more! There will be a fashion show,
a contest for which bully is the best kisser, a contest for the best trick, a bully photo booth
Guidelines for Dog Owners
We'd love to meet you and your pawsitively perfect Pit [as well as any other breed who'd like to join in]! To help us have
a great day, we're sharing our guidelines for all to see!
- Dog's need to be on a short leash or held no farther than 18" away from you. You cannot control your pet if it's 6' away.
- You will be asked to "yellow flag" your pet if the following conditions are seen: extreme nervousness, unsocialized
behavior, high dominance, fear. You may also ask us to flag your dog just because you'd like to have distance between your
dog and other pets.
- While all know that most dogs are not aggressive, we do recognize that there may be some that are extremely uncomfortable
in a busy setting. Use wisdom and caution in deciding whether to bring your pet.
- Do not bring females that are in heat!
- Please monitor your children and keep them with you at all times.
- Please ask permission to pet or feed treats to another person's pet.
- Monitor your pet's "comfortability" level. If they need a break, take them for a walk away from other pets out of the area.